SMA clients rely on our unique experience, expertise and relationships to help them navigate the rapidly evolving sports media landscape. Engagements generally involve developing and executing growth strategies, rights negotiations and valuations, business development and/or financial transactions, as described in further detail below
Negotiations and Valuations
- Assisting in the development of long and short term media strategies including optimal approaches to the creation, distribution and monetization of content across television, OTT, web, mobile, social and other platforms.
- Helping build and execute strategies to extend businesses into the sports industry.
- Advising on the development of product and/or service offerings.
- Building business plans.
- Analyzing and advising on board level strategic decisions and transactions.
Rights Negotiations and Valuations
- Participating in television and digital media rights negotiations on behalf of leagues, teams, governing bodies and other properties and/or media outlets.
- Providing industry research and analysis to support negotiations including determining optimal outlets to meet business objectives.
- Building valuation models including financial projections and comparables analysis.
- Advising on market dynamics, deal strategy, structuring and negotiation.
- Providing expert counsel and testimony in litigation, arbitration and other disputes.
- Leveraging our expertise to drive new revenue opportunities for clients.
- Utilizing our extensive network of industry relationships to ensure our clients get the right audience at leagues, teams, federations and other properties and/or other television and digital media outlets.
- Developing go-to-market strategies designed to best navigate the complex sports media landscape.
- Helping to negotiate deals and determine market value.
- Evaluating and improving positioning of products and/or services to the marketplace.
- Helping companies and investment firms identify, evaluate and execute potential acquisitions, investments or other transactions.
- Helping investors understand where the media world is heading and the implications for the sports industry including the likely role of emerging platforms and the future of sports rights fees
- Providing advisory services to companies seeking to find an acquirer.
- Assisting with fundraising efforts.